I moved to Houston in 2003 to work as an engineer at Shell. After a few years I decided to change career paths and attended law school at the University of Houston. The summer after my first year of law school I worked an internship with bankruptcy Judge Jeff Bohm followed by an internship at Adair & Myers, PLLC doing mostly bankruptcy work. I enjoy bankruptcy law because it involves a little bit of many areas of law and allows interaction with clients. A lot of practicing bankruptcy includes counseling your clients and helping them get a fresh start.
I returned to Adair & Myers, PLLC the next summer to continue my internship and began working as an associate attorney after passing the bar in November 2008.
In the fall of 2009 I left Adair & Myers, PLLC to begin working for my mentor, Adam Schachter, at the Schachter Law Firm, P.C. to continue working as a bankruptcy lawyer. In the fall of 2014 Adam Schachter decided to retire and I began the Dove Law Firm, PLLC to carry on the client-centered method of practicing bankruptcy law that had been instilled in me.
I also volunteer my time to co-teach a semi-annual class for attorneys called Bankruptcy Basics . This class is put on through Lone Star Legal Aide. In order to attend the class the attorneys must agree to take a pro bono case.
• 2006 summer intern to the Honorable Judge Bohm
• 2006-2008 intern at Adair & Myers, PLLC
• 2008-2009 associate lawyer at Adair & Myers, PLLC
• 2009-2014 associate lawyer at The Schachter Law Firm, P.C.
Lone Star Legal Aid – Co-teach semi-annual Bankruptcy Basics class to lawyers volunteering to take bankruptcy pro bono cases
2014 Southern District of Texas Bench Bar Conference – presented on panel entitled “Mortgage Arrears – What Attorneys and Accountants Should Know”
2015 Small & Mid-Sized Firm Week at University of Houston Law Center – presented on panel entitled “How Do I Know If Small Is For Me?”
• AVVO.com – member
• NACBA (National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys) – member
• HACBA (Houston Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys) – member
• State Bar of Texas – Bankruptcy Section
• Southern District of Texas
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering from The Ohio State University
• JD from the University of Houston
Dove Law Firm, PLLC
Call the Dove Law Firm, PLLC today to schedule a free consultation to find out which option makes sense for you!
WE PROUDLY SERVE THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES: